My brand new Goodman residential air conditioner condensing unit had an overheating condition while in normal operation [REDACTED]. This system failure [REDACTED]. As a fire fighter, I quickly responded to the electrical outage [REDACTED], shutting off power to the unit. If we had not been home, [REDACTED] could have caused a fire in the house, given the proximity of the unit to my home. The unit is located directly under the wooden eve of the house. I took videos and photographs of the fire condition as well as photographs of the inside of the unit when it was inspected by the manufacturers representative.