Caller is reporting that the filter on the propane portable heater exploded causing the seam to break in half leaving a gap so that gas fumes escaped in the air. He stated that if the product was in use, it would have caused property damages, injuries and maybe fatalities. He stated that he purchased the filter about a month ago and installed it on 11/20 for the first time. He stated that the instruction recommends using the filter, but it failed.
Caller stated that he did not contact the manufacturer as yet.
Caller feels that this heater filter is a safety hazard and should be reported.