The consumer indicates that her husband was sitting next to a fireplace for approximately fifteen minutes. When he got up, a friend informed him that his jacket had melted in the back and the back of the arms. The consumer’s husband removed the jacket and noticed that the jacket did not damage his clothing underneath.
The consumer contacted the Manufacturer and explained the situation; a representative advised her to send the product back for inspection. Upon inspection, the consumer was informed that the garment was not defective and that the damage was due to her husband sitting too close to the fireplace. The consumer was sent the jacket back. Manufacturer responded “Garment is not defective due to workmanship or materials (WM5020) consumer damage”
The consumer believes that if her husband had been too close to the fireplace enough to burn his jacket, he would have felt the heat but this was not the case. The consumer states that the jacket was used approximately three times per week every Winter.