During Hurricane Ida in August of 2021, our professionally installed Generac 22K generator emitted enough carbon monoxide to set off the detectors in our home during the night. We were able to evacuate the house safely without incident. Once outside our home, we noticed the fire department was at our neighbors house inspecting their home with CO2 detectors as their carbon monoxide detectors had also gone off due to their Generac generator (same size and install type). That particular night there was no wind and the air was very humid. Following that incident and as suggested by the fire department, we taped up the vents in the soffit near the installed Generac generator.