(10/12/2022)The consumer´s friend was trying to remove the SIM card from his phone when it spontaneously exploded, at which point he immediately dropped it on the floor. The phone burnt a hole on the carpet it fell on, and only a small part of it was left after the consumer´s friend picked up a towel in order to put the fire out.
The consumer notes that the smoke was greyish-black. The consumer is concerned because of the smoke that he and his friend were exposed to.
The consumer plans on keeping what is left of the cell phone for at least the net thirty days in case an investigation ensues.