Bradley XL smoker ignited and caught on fire. This first occurred in 2019 while smoking meat. The company explained to me that it was a user error related to keeping water in the bowl. They agreed to sell me a replacement smoker at a discounted price since the original unit was destroyed by the fire. This year I was using the appliance, being extra diligent about the water bowl, and despite close monitoring and following instructions, the unit ignited again! Thankfully in both cases, I was able to quickly unplug the unit and move it away from my house. If not properly attended, it could have burned my home down and caused significant injuries.
In the first case the manufacturer explained it was due to a lack of water, but the circumstances were nearly the same. After doing several searches online, I can see that I am not alone in my experience with their smoker. This is clearly a design flaw and puts consumers at risk. This unit is not safe and presents a hazard to all that choose to use it. I have never heard of or personally experienced any other smoker with similar hazards.
I contacted the manufacturer, explained the circumstances and they are unwilling to refund the money I paid for the second unit that ignited and caught fire. I am reaching out for your help to conduct an investigation of this product in an effort to address a defective and unsafe product and avoid others from putting themselves and their families at risk.