This is a brand new Bertazzoni 240v Speed oven. Microwave operated with the door open. Microwave eventually stopped heating. Repair guy came out and didn’t find anything wrong with the door switches. While testing under power, there was a massive flash. A sealed wire had a short and blew out of the side of the insulated casing and arc’d to the sheet metal frame. It would have electrocuted/ killed someone if not by total luck. The flash was so powerful and loud that it set off my home alarm’s “glass break” and lit up the room burning a hole clean through the sheet metal. Definite exposure to Microwave energy, Definite risk/ likelihood of electrocution, Definite risk of fire. Company was notified of issue and did not acknowledge or respond. Unit was not repaired or replaced. Power is now off at the breaker. I’m requesting a product recall due to faulty wiring/ design and the likelihood of electrocution and/or death of anyone using or repairing the product.