I won a small votive style candle in a glass container hand made by [REDACTED] owner of Tranzformations a Center for Spirit [REDACTED] in a raffle. The candle had a large piece of jet stone, which is a type of coal and it will and does burn. When I used the candle it turned into a torch after a short while caused by the wax soaked jet. It caused a nasty fire in my home while giving off billowing stinking black smoke. I was burned on my hands putting out the fire and some minor damage to done to the surroundings. This could have been much worse if I had not been RIGHT there when it happened. I called Tranzformations to complain about this and the owner, [REDACTED], ignored my phone calls for several weeks. When I finally did speak with her, she told me it was my fault and that I should expect such things when burning her candles and that her customers know this. This is truly an out rage. Somebody is going to get hurt or killed by her carelessness. I feel I have done everything I can do and I hope filing this report will help.
My name is [REDACTED]. I reside at [REDACTED]. Home phone number is [REDACTED], cell phone [REDACTED]. My son is [REDACTED]and he is 4 years old (male). I am a consumer who purchased a pair boys swim suit trunks from the store Crazy 8. They have piranhas all over the suit and went for as much as $14.95. He was having a fun day at a friend’s swimming pool (address provided below)when he later complained of feeling “stuck” in his bathing suit. As I am investigating the problem, I notice that his penis is pinched in the mesh lining of the trunk. The pinched area looked like a red blister. I proceed to cut the bathing suit to try to relieve him of pain and discomfort removing the entire suit with the exception of a small piece of mesh around his penis. We rush him to the nearest emergency room. The name of the hospital is Raritan Bay Medical Center One Hospital Plaza Old Bridge, NJ 08857, Phone #732-360-1000. This incident happened on July 11, 2011. The fabric was removed but was done so without harm and I have pictures to prove. He was given a prescription for antibiotics, told to give him pain med such as children’s Ibuprofen, apply ice to the wound and follow up with his pediatrician the next day, which I did.
The Dr Scholls claim the same thing as the [REDACTED]. They are to help you tone up. It took awhile to learn how to walk in the shoes since they rocked. At first I tripped a bit getting use to the new balance change because of the shoes. Walking up and down stairs was a chanellege. I that to walk on the middle of the shoe or I would lose my balance and fall down the stairs. I had to go to physical therapy because my hips and lower back hurt from the shoes. I wouldn’t want anyone else to go through that kind of pain. I wouldn’t want a pregnant women to get seriously hurt. I became pregnant after having the shoes for awhile. If I would have known that these shoes were like the [REDACTED] I wouldn’t have bought them and put myself at risk. I think people should be warned about these shoes also.
My wife was making a [REDACTED] from Tassimo about a week ago and she said when the milk was being heated and dispensed in the cup the milk came squirting out and burned her hand. I was not present when it happened and when told just thought she had done something wrong until I heard about the recall. Al tho the recall does no mention this particular one it seems very possible there could be a problem with it to unless it’s my machine that caused the spill. My machine is among the recalled ones. Her hand had red spots and was painful for a few days but we did not go to the doctors for it.
Consumer wanted to report that the tab style cans found in Progresso Soups and [REDACTED] ravioli products are dangerous to consumers. The consumer is referring to the ravioli mini, regular size and the can of Progresso vegetable classics. She said that the cans are unsafe because if a person attempts to use something else to open the can the person may injure themselves. She has not injured herself but feels that the edges of the tab are sharp. The consumer contacted the manufacturer for [REDACTED] 3 months and called Progresso 2 years ago. Progresso offered to send her a hook opener for the can, while all [REDACTED] offered was coupons for more [REDACTED] products. She felt it was imperative to report this issue.
Power cord with L-shaped connector for Apple Macbook Pro Mid 2011 model. 85W Magsafe adapter.
The cord has been continuously used (but rarely moved from its in-use position), with a constant flex angle of about 30 degrees near the the point where the connector attaches to the power port on the laptop. Over time (10-11 months), discoloring of the cable possibly from being near to the hotter parts of the laptop has occurred. After this, the thin rubber-like coating covering the wire has started to disintegrate at the point where the cable undergoes the 30 degree flex, exposing metal wires and sheathing.
I attached the car seat adapter to the [REDACTED] stroller. I pushed the stroller and went over a bump. (the kind of bump you have when someone has a gate). When I went over the bump, the entire car seat fell over along with the adapter. Horrible.
We bought a new [REDACTED] mattress by [REDACTED] at Sleepy;s in January and it off-gassed so much it made me and my asthmatic daugher sick. Sore throat, burning chest, wheezing, etc. They then exchanged it for another one and it did the same thing. We were told this “off-gassing” was normal, to roll around on it, walk on it, etc. to break up the cells in the memory foam in the pillow top. No luck. they even told us to cut up green apples to absorb the smell. Really?? Just to be able to tolerate a mattress?! We then could not take it any more..I am wheezing now and I never had asthma! I asked them to exchange it for a different brand (after several visits to the store). The sales person AND the [REDACTED] rep thought it was the VISCO foam so we got a S&F bed that did not have any Visco foam. Same problem…but worse! I cannot even go into our condo. My daughter and I are at my Mom’s and my husband is sleeping on an air mattress in the office!
So I researched and found hundreds of others who have had issues with this off-gassing and health issues as a result. Is it the foam? the PBDEs that are used for fire retardants? Either way, this needs to be addressed ASAP. We out our HEADS on these! Talk about toxic and dangerous. Please let me know what you can do. I will also register my complaint with State level agencies as well. This HAS TO STOP for all our well-beings!
My four-year old son was riding his “Radio Flyer Big Flyer Model 79” for several hours at a neighborhood party. The next morning he complained of a sore back and I notice bruising on his lower back. The bruising was caused by the design of the “Big Flyer”. The design causes the child to lean back into the seat, but the seat back is too low and my son’s back bent over the seat causing bruises.
The snail is not designed properly. With the weight of a child and the position of the snails back as a seat, it makes the snail and child tip foward. If the seat was lower down it would not make it so dangerous. Every time she has played on this toy an injury has occured in the same fashion. I threw away the box thinking radio flyer is usually a dependable, fun brand. I had issues at kmart ad walmart on returning the item with out a box. I called radio flyer customer service and they were outstanding about helping with a refund!